is here! Shop now, pay later in 4 easy installments

NZLA Granular Fertilisers Explained

NZLA Granular Fertilisers Explained

What NZLA lawn fertiliser should I use?

NZLA has three custom blends and one generic blend that we source from the USA.

Slow-release technology

It is important to understand that various slow-release technologies are employed in fertiliser products available in New Zealand. At NZLA, we source the highest-quality polymer and sulfur-coated urea (PCSCU) available globally.

We are aware certain brands opt for lower-cost Chinese PCSCU prills or alternative slow-release technologies in their blends to reduce expenses. However, these products do not match the superior quality NZLA offers. This is one of the main reasons we believe NZLA has become what it is today: a business offering a quality product that isn’t available from other home lawn suppliers and choosing quality over profit margins.

We procure our fertilisers from the United States, as it is the only place in the world with the advanced prill technology and quality ingredients we require for our granular fertilisers. Our blends are formulated by Wilbur Ellis in the USA, a company renowned for its cutting-edge technology incorporated into every prill, and that sources the finest ingredients from across the globe.

All Seasons

21-1-16 with 5% Iron

NZLA All Seasons is not just any old fertiliser. It’s a professional-grade, slow-release solution designed to accelerate and sustain plant growth. Its unique formulation ensures a vibrant greening effect lasting up to three months.

All Seasons has 40% of nutrients readily available for uptake by the plant, while the other 60% is slow released. It also contains 5% iron to promote consistent colour.

Available in packs of 2, 4, 6, 10 and 20kg.

All Seasons N+

32-2-10 + 2% Iron

NZLA All Seasons N+ is a slow-release professional-grade fertiliser. It provides more upfront release than NZLA All Seasons so is a good choice when more growth is required. 

 All Seasons N+ is also higher in nitrogen, with 70% readily available with 30% being slow release that lasts for up to 8 weeks.

Available in packs of 2, 4, 6, 10 and 20kg.

Starter (New lawns)

19-10-4 + Fe, Mn, Zn, Cu

NZLA Starter is a professional-grade, slow-release fertiliser for new lawns. It’s designed to provide rapid and prolonged plant growth, and a greening effect lasting up to three months.

Our starter fertilisers are slow release, and designed to be used at seeding. They ensure a consistent supply over an extended period by releasing nutrients more gradually and over a longer period.

Available in packs of 4 and 7.5kg.

Willbur Ellis Six Iron

20-0-16 + 6% Iron

Six Iron is mass – produced by Willbur Ellis for the global turf industry, so we don’t have the added cost of a custom blend with this product. NZLA is importing this new product for the home lawn market as our cost-effective option for customers with larger sections.

Six Iron is a maintenance fertiliser. Like All Seasons, it has 40% upfront fertiliser and 60% available as slow release, lasting up to 10 weeks.

Contains 6% Iron for good initial green-up without a surge in growth

Available in packs of 20kg

NZLA Granular Range